The House Master of Norwich invites you all to a BBQ....
List of events at the BBQ have been announced!
Dear parents, guardians, friends, staff and former KHS pupils,
On Friday 14th May the boys of Norwich House are holding a fundraising day for ‘Help for Heroes’. Many of our pupils at school, both past and present have strong affiliations to the military; predominantly British and more recently American. This year alone many of our boarders have had family and friends who have been active abroad in the service of their country. These times are stressful for those in the house as they come to terms with the dangers that are faced by their dads, mums, brothers, sisters and friends; and as such there is a strong desire within the house to show our support and to do what we can from a distance. In addition to our prayers the boys have decided to try and raise as much money as possible and give it with Gift Aid to ‘Help for Heroes’. If you are unfamiliar with this organisation please do look at their website: www.helpforheroes.org.uk
The day will involve the following:
- 6am – 8pm: Five boys from Norwich House will swim the length of the channel in the school swimming pool. This is 33 km in distance and should take them approximately 12 hours. They will have sponsor forms for all to sign.
- 8.30 – 5pm: A military themed non-school uniform day. It will cost £2 to enter this and we hope that there will be a great effort on the part of the students in joining us.
- 7pm – 9pm: A wonderful BBQ and raffle will be held in the school bar. All parents, guardians, friends, staff and old KHS pupils are welcome to attend this and enjoy some drinks with the pupils of the school and enter the raffle draw. This event is also open to all school pupils.
- All day: There will also be other fundraising activities around school as the Year 9 and Year 10 of Norwich House run events such as selling ‘Help for Heroes’ wristbands, car washing and selling cakes.
At this stage I know you will be eagerly asking ‘what can we do to help’? Any of the following will be greatly appreciated:
Come along to the BBQ and raffle. Have some food and a drink and enjoy the company of others on the patio outside of the swimming pool as we cheer the swimmers on as they near the end of their 12 hour ordeal. All profits will go to ‘Help for Heroes’
Donate items for the raffle. Anything from a bottle of wine to military paraphernalia would be wonderful!
Think of a fundraising idea of your own such as baking cakes for us to sell.
If you really cannot attend then please do feel free to send a cheque made out to ‘Norwich House’ and we will add the amount to what we raise.
Please do come along and support the school and the boys of Norwich House on this fantastic day. If you could let me know if you are coming and approximate numbers of who will be with you, for catering purposes, it would be really helpful. If you have any questions or would like to offer support please do contact me at
Housemaster of Norwich House (on behalf of the Norwich boys)
This is just a quick reminder of the ‘Help for Heroes’ day at Kingham Hill School this Friday.
All students, staff, parents and friends are welcome.
We have been given some very generous donations and also some excellent prizes to be raffled or auctioned. I think there will be some real bargains to be had!
If you, your parents / friends are coming then please try and let me know for catering purposes.
If pupils want to stay in on Friday evening to attend (rather than go home as usual) then I will drive a mini-bus down to Kingham Station at 8.45am on Saturday morning.
The outline of the day is:
· 6am – 8pm: Five boys from Norwich House will swim the length of the channel in the school swimming pool. This is 33 km in distance and should take them approximately 12 hours. They will have sponsor forms for all to sign.
· 8.30am – 5pm: A military themed non-school uniform day for all pupils and staff. It will cost £2 to enter this and we hope that there will be a great effort on the part of the students.
· 6pm to 7pm: Kingham Hill All Stars - v- Kingham All Blacks football match on astro
· 7pm – 9pm: A wonderful BBQ and raffle will be held in and around the school bar. All parents, guardians, friends, staff and old KHS pupils are welcome to attend this and enjoy some drinks with the pupils of the school and enter the raffle draw. This event is also open to all school pupils.
· All day: Other fundraising activities around school: various stalls selling cakes, doughnuts and toys with collection buckets
Thank you so much for your support. Please do feel free to come in uniform / military wear if you are attending.